Wisconsin remains a state with high incarceration rates especially impacting Black males.
53206 a zip code in Milwaukee central city, now notoriously known as the most incarcerated zip code in the country.
MICAH’s Restoring our Communities criminal justice task force goals are to:
- Restore communities that have been harmed by mass incarceration;
- Restore families to wholeness and health;
- Restore balance, fiscal discipline and humane priorities to our state’s criminal justice system by decision makers investing in non prison systems; communities not prison;
- Restore people to health through increased treatment alternatives to incarceration, decreased use of solitary confinement, and better support for those who return from jail or prison;
- Restore men and women back to the community who do not need to be