The Ezekial Community Development Corporation
Since January 2016, Ezekiel Community Development Corporation has accomplished the following tasks in its effort to stabilize neighborhoods, decrease crime, and increase minority wealth:
- Rehabilitated 9 properties – each property used as a “classroom” to train and create jobs for individuals who are hard to employ
- Trained and employed 34 Residential Preference Program (RPP) individuals in construction skills
- Trained and employed 40 House of Correction residents
- Hired 50 city-located Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) minority contractors
- Sold the nine rehabilitated properties to low-income, first-time home buyers
Ezekiel is one of six buyers recommended by city officials to participate in Milwaukee’s
employment and renovation initiative for the Sherman Park neighborhood and surrounding areas.
Ezekiel CDC is an example of a project that began in MICAH and became its own organization with MICAH’s full support. Visit our website at www.ezekielcdc.com.